Q: How is my property promoted on The Holiday Ferret?
A : The Holiday Ferret is promoted via technique called Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), and via social networking predominantly using Facebook, Twitter, Digg, and Linkedin. This gives a property maximum exposure to a worldwide audience. This is the basis of our marketing strategy both for clients and The Holiday Ferret website. It is a continuous process.
Q: I Have Forgotten My Account Details: What do I do?
A : Click " Forgot Password " in the login box at the top of the page
Q: I Can't Login?
A : Double check your account name and password are entered correctly. Remember they are case sensitive. If this fails, click the “ Forgot Password ” link at the top of the page and follow the instructions. If this is unsuccessful, then please contact us and we’ll help you as soon as we can.
Q: Why Do you Use Paypal?
A: The main reason we use Paypal as it is the most trusted money handler on the web. It also accepts a wide range of payment methods.
Q: My Property is not Displayed on Site, why is that?
A : There could be a number of reasons for the property not displaying as you expect. Double check the following:
- The account is valid and had not expired. If it has expired click here
- If the property is activated, there is a technical problem, in which case report it to us immediately so we can rectify the problem. Click here
If in doubt contact us so we can investigate.
Q: I've Yet to Receive a Booking, why is that?
A : There can be several reasons why you have not received a booking. The vacation and holiday rental market is highly competitive, and often it is just a question of patience. However, in the first instance run through the list below to see if this helps identify a problem which maybe preventing guests from booking your property.
- Your property is not live on the site. In which case check your account is valid and you have activated the property.
- The property is overpriced.
- The property is in a competitive area. If your property is in a particularly competitive part of the world, then you could be losing out to the competition. Check prices for similar properties and to see if they are carrying out a promotion to advertise their property down different channels, or maybe they offer more to a traveller than your property. More often than not it is just a question of patience before the bookings come in.
- External forces such as economics, politics, and weather conditions also play their part in determining the success of a property.
If you feel there are technical difficulties with The Holiday Ferret please contact us
straight away so that we can address the problem.
Q: Do you Handle Payments From Guests?
A : At this time we do not handle payments in respect of bookings
Q: How Much Commission do I Pay for Listing my Property on Your Site?
A : Nothing. You just pay an annual charge and the rest is yours.
Q: Can I Add More Than one Property to the Site?
A : You can. We have developed a range of accounts that facilitate a family second's home to a property manager, managing up to ten properties. The account types are shown below:
FREE (£0.00 ) - A one time only special offer
If you have more than ten properties then price is determined on application .
To create an account click here
Q: Do you Charge Commission on Bookings for Listing More Than one Property?
A : No, just the one off annual charge.
Q: What Payment Methods Do you Accept?
A : Depending on where you are in the world, we accept all major credit and debit cards. We also accept Paypal payments.
- American Express
All of our payments are handled by Paypal, the most trusted and secure payment handler on the web. If you are in doubt to see if your card is accepted, please refer to the Paypal help pages .